Friday, August 24, 2007

Return of the FAT! (once again)

I have learn-ed (we all speak like that in the country) how to use my camera thingy now; to celebrate here is a picture of our pool in Bulgaria.
I may be 34 but I still find it amusing. Those lilos could be more amusingly arranged though.
Bulgaria incidentally has stunning scenery, friendly people, great weather and, with the possible exception of Russia, the most appalling food I have ever had the misfortune to eat.

Anyway, keeping with the theme lady smahman and I climbed a mountain last week called "Lord Hereford's Knob". Here it is on the right. It is bigger than it looks fnar fnar ect ect.

Note the fat man in the foreground trying in vain to hold in his gut, no idea who he is.
According to my aged parent, there is also one nearby called "Fan y Big" which I shall visit on my tour of slightly amusingly named places as soon as I get back from the Orkneys. I once discovered a street in Attleborough called "Slut's Hole Lane" but I cannot find the piccy.
Other plus points...
228
In your FACE danger penguin!

7 Comments:

Anonymous GiantWeazle said...

If you could get enough swimmers you could make a great sex education video.

Also, you've not employed a group of Bulgarian teenagers to construct your holiday home have you?

11:19 PM  
Blogger smahman said...

Holiday home? Crumbs! how minted do you think I am?

I think the left side of the pool could also be improved by planting some big bushy plants around the bollocks/ kiddy pool.

9:18 AM  
Blogger G. said...

Is it true that anything (and I mean anything) can be bought and sold in Bulgaria? I'm told it's like capitalism on meth.

G.

12:56 PM  
Blogger smahman said...

They are amenable to the deal, lets say that. If I stayed there too long I would be an alcoholic in no time. Triple shots for 50 cents has bad news written all over it.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous GiantWeazle said...

You live darn sarf, I assumed you must be minted. I thought you all were.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous weekendbingedrinker said...

that pool is fantastic....did you notice its shape from your balcony or while swimming? I'm guessing the latter is difficult, rather like,er, standing among the nazca lines

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slut's Hole Lane can be found in Spooner Row. Unfortunately it has apparently been renamed - I cannot verify this because online maps have no name on that road and an old school friend of mine stole the sign on the road it's self. It's the road with the right-angled bend that meets Station Road and Queen Street.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home