Monday, April 02, 2007

Greatest spam ever.

Get this little people. I have been invited to the Pakistani Embassy in Berlin. This is good because it is - a. (bizarrely) a genuine invitation, and b. clearly spam.

observe:
Dear Mr (smahman)

I and my wife wish to invite you and your spouse/partner/friend for an informal dinner (Buffet) at our residence on Friday 13 April 2007 at 1900 hours. Kindly confirm if it will be possible for you to come. In case your spouse/partner/friend is not avaiable on that day you could also come alone. In either way it will be honour for us. Best Wishes. Our address is as follows:

How great is that.

I would go but fear being poisoned / strangled as a representative of the country that invented CRIKET. Plus I am busy that weekend.

chiz chiz chiz

197

4 Comments:

Anonymous GiantWeazle said...

I'd write back stating that you are busy, but inviting them to your place next week.

1:13 PM  
Blogger smahman said...

Noink! What if they accept?

1:15 PM  
Anonymous GiantWeazle said...

Then you will have tons of material to blog about, not to mention dinner parties, "Did I ever tell you about the time the Pakistani Embassy came for tea?"

Just don't mention cricket and you'll be fine.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous mejeffwoadagain said...

hmmm, the pakistani embassy...its a slightly run down building in lowndes(?) square, i've been there for a visa. I also met the mum of sexy-voiced vicki butler-henderson (her off car things) there, off to pakistan as well for some reason.

Maybe they make their own fresh naans....yum.

Anyway, smahboy, just WhyTF would you get an invite there? I KNOW YOU, and can't think of any possible reason, other than you tart around the fringes of the media world.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home