Monday, January 29, 2007

Slip Slidin' Away

I enjoy sliding a car around as much as the next man, in fact mrs smahman bought me a rally driving course last Christmas, which was a blast. But even I draw the line at getting a car sideways on an icy mountain road, where huge drops are a prominent feature.

"WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!"
Sooooooo, the taxi driver in Davos who thought a rear wheel drive automatic BMW would be the ideal winter vehicle for precipitous mountain roads, needs to seriously rethink his strategy. Either that or get some snow chains.

The same also applies to my Brasher hiking boots which provided absolutely NO GRIP on ice, thus ensuring no more than 10 minutes went past without me flying face first into a snow drift.

Money well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home